PDA

View Full Version : Nautilus Elementary lives!

Quadunit404
March 21st, 2011, 02:00 AM
I don't know how many of you already heard of this, but ammonkey revived Nautilus Elementary (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/03/phew-nautilus-elementary-revived-in-time-for-ubuntu-natty/) in time for Natty due to its increasing popularity, despite it not being updated since November last year, and because GTK3 only has one theme engine (Clearlooks) plus one proper theme (Adwaita) as of now whereas GTK2 has over 9000 theme engines and over 15 million themes (note: with the exception of the amount of GTK3 theme engines and themes, the previous statistics were exaggerated.) It was updated to version 2.32.2 today, bringing fixes for a lot of the bugs introduced in 2.32.0 as well as dropping the Zeitgeist-powered search engine in favor of gnome-search-tool but did not bring new features.

Just be aware it isn't in the Elementary PPA (yet) and is currently in the Nautilus Elementary PPA. If you want the updated Nautilus Elementary you'll have to add that PPA to your software sources.

scouser73
March 21st, 2011, 02:49 AM
Great news isn't it.

Jesus_Valdez
March 21st, 2011, 03:18 AM
... did not bring new features.

Wait, the F4 thing for the pictures was already in the previous versions of Nautilus Elementary?

Quadunit404
March 21st, 2011, 03:27 AM
Wait, the F4 thing for the pictures was already in the previous versions of Nautilus Elementary?

Yeah. ClutterFlow was introduced in NE 2.32.0.

Sashin
March 30th, 2011, 10:53 PM
damn... doesn't look like there's ubuntu one integration with nautilus elementary, I wanna be able to right click things and say share on ubuntu one...

marl30
March 30th, 2011, 11:55 PM
I've been using it ever since I found it, so great news, though I already got the recent update.

Frogs Hair
March 31st, 2011, 02:05 AM
Just received updates an hour ago . I have been using NE for a long time and I really like clutterflow.