PDA

View Full Version : Penguin Computing has this Linux ad . . .

linuxforartists
March 20th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I was attending a presentation called "Intellectual Property Issues for Content Creators." The speaker was an attorney. Mostly standard stuff about being careful when using images, music, etc.

Then she clicked onto this slide. The attorney said, "Here's an ad that made Microsoft furious."

Good evening Mr. Gates, I'll be your server today! (http://www.penguincomputing.com/files/tux/gates1024x768.jpg)

Quadunit404
March 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM
It's funny because Bill Gates hasn't been the CEO of Microsoft since 2000 and hasn't been there full-time since 2008.

endemic.uk
March 21st, 2011, 12:29 AM
I was posted this image as proof that I was a pedophile terrorist rapist megalomaniac by a close friend that insisted I needed help. We both qualified for our MCSE at the same time.

I was the Linux guy, he was the Microsoft guy. How much of a cliché is that?

I have since come across this in my Inbox on many occasions left as a private joke to myself by the aforementioned individual. We both had a good laugh, I'm sure.

Brings back memories, even though to this day I am not entirely sure what he meant.

tgalati4
March 21st, 2011, 02:07 AM
Balmer characterized Linux as a cancer. This ad implies that Linux is more like a Godzilla.