PDA

View Full Version : CSI PalmOS Gnome? Bit of help.

ChrisNTR
May 6th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Was watching CSI and came across this...
I was wondering if anyone knew what OS it is using and what type of phone/palm it is. In other clips it shows it as having a very tiny arial. Also whilst watching CSI and 24, I wonder if anyone knows what they run on too, they all seem to have a custom look to them. :)

Any help would be great :)

htinn
May 6th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Looks more like KDE to me. *shrug*

briancurtin
May 6th, 2006, 03:43 AM
doesnt look like GNOME at all to me. those are KDE-like icons, but they could just be icons. did you think of that?

tseliot
May 6th, 2006, 04:38 AM
doesnt look like GNOME at all to me. those are KDE-like icons, but they could just be icons. did you think of that?
Yes, that's KDE's default icon theme by Everaldo Carvalho

maruchan
May 6th, 2006, 05:00 AM
I found a website by one of those guys who creates fake computer interfaces for TV and movies once. He seemed to be very savvy with Open Source and all around tech, so I'm not surprised to see this.

One of my favorites is the researcher using CDE in "Enemy of the State," but that's just because I used CDE (HP-UX system) in my university days.

Parkotron
May 7th, 2006, 08:42 PM
A while ago, someone posted a screengrab from either 24 or Alias showing that they use a very old version of KDE. I'm quite certain it was posted on these forums, but I can't for the life of me find the post.

maruchan, I'd very much like to see that website if you could provide a link.