PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Blank screen (Almost)

Oberon1`
March 20th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I am having trouble with various versions of Ubuntu. When I tried to install Ubuntu 10.10, when it gets to the screen to either "Try Ubuntu" or "Install Ubuntu" the screen goes blank. The odd thing is, I tried to move the mouse because I thought the screen may have timed out, and I could just barely see movement. I shined a flashlight on the screen and I could see everything on the screen but just barely. The screen that shows as the disc is loading that says ubuntu with the blinking dots underneath shows up fine. The same thing happens with 11.04. I have been using 10.04 but have had alot of problems getting the sound to work on my Gateway NV79. The internet also times out about every minute or so. I have tried fresh installs and searched over and over for solutions. When I installed 10.10 on my wife's HP, everything worked right away. I like the 10.10 and wish I could get it to work on my Gateway but can't figure out how to get the screen to work. I have tried adjusting the brightness but nothing seems to work.
Please help!