PDA

View Full Version : How to get an Alternate Right Click and a few other questions

underage17
March 20th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Im running Ubuntu 10.10 right now, and I'm having a few difficulties.
One of them is that my netbook (HP Mini 210) has a "clickpad" instead of a conventional touchpad, so right clicking in ubuntu has become an issue, i don't know why.
To right click something, I've got to carefully navigate my finger to the bottom rightmost part and tap it lightly. 9 out of 10 times i fail, and it's been annoying me.
so can i have an alternate, for example, pressing Ctrl and Left Clicking (to simulate a right click?)

Another question:
In ubuntu 9.04 (or was it 8.04, can't remember) the topmost panel had 3 buttons, Applications, System and something else.
Can I get those back in 10.10?

And one more question.. my Desktop background isn't showing me any icons. it's like it's locked (similar to the Show Desktop Icons in windows) can I remove that?
And why can't I add/remove panels? or make them transparent or anything??

sorry for the awful lot of questions.. can u guys help me with even one of them?? :)

Frogs Hair
March 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Are you using the netbook edition ? The default menu in the 10.10 desktop includes Application Places and System.

To add panels on the desktop edition right click the top of of screen and select new panel to change the panel settings right click the panel and choose properties .

Desktop icons are not included but you can add them if you wish.

underage17
March 21st, 2011, 03:35 AM
Are you using the netbook edition ? The default menu in the 10.10 desktop includes Application Places and System.

To add panels on the desktop edition right click the top of of screen and select new panel to change the panel settings right click the panel and choose properties .

Desktop icons are not included but you can add them if you wish.

i can't right click the top panel. it doesn't allow me
and how do i include the desktop items?