PDA

View Full Version : My website Tux Crazy



anchorschmidt
March 20th, 2011, 11:49 AM
I think that this is a good place to introduce my website. I created a Linux website in November which I feel is now good enough to be shown to people. The URL is tux-crazy.com (http://www.tux-crazy.com)

Tux Crazy is a website for Linux users by a Linux user and has a clean layout, ads are kept out of your way as my main motivation is qiving people a good experience. I try to keep my articles at a high quality. I normally release articles every 4-5 days or so but due to recent exams, the interval has lengthened to 6-12 days with no compromise made to quality. I don't do a half hearted job at anything and I test everything that I write about. There are some Windows articles but my main audience is Linux users.

It's for everyone, from skilled users to less skilled users. I hope that you find something that you may not have known before. If you are interested, please go to the All Articles section and see if you find anything interesting. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you

GabrielYYZ
March 20th, 2011, 12:00 PM
had a look, like the looks of it and the articles are concise, i like that.

what really made me bookmark it, though, is that you're a KDE guy/ :p

anchorschmidt
March 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Yes, I am very much a KDE guy. I use KDE 80% of the time and Gnome for the rest 20%. Thank you for your comment :)

Dry Lips
March 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I liked your article about merging PDF-files.
Keep up the good work!

anchorschmidt
March 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I liked your article about merging PDF-files.
Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I will.

linuxforartists
March 20th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Cool stuff! I'm curious, did you design the header image with Tux looking at the T-rex? What programs did you use? It's a fun logo.

You're giving me inspiration. I should get working on my own website (it's in my signature).

Good luck with your site!

anchorschmidt
March 21st, 2011, 07:10 AM
Yes, I did design the header image with Tux looking at T-Rex but I didn't draw any of those images. I took permission to use the T Rex and that image of Tux is from the wallpaper in which he wants to swat the Windows Fly.

I looked at your website and it looks very nice :). I want to learn more about using programs like Ardour, Blender and GIMP and when you fill up your site with more stuff, it could turn out to be very interesting!

robro
March 21st, 2011, 08:16 AM
awesome site!
I hardly ever bookmark a site (useless internet is useless), but your website is amazing,
theres a lot of tutorials that go into detail and I also love Kde :)
anyways good job! and add more :)

anchorschmidt
March 21st, 2011, 08:32 AM
awesome site!
I hardly ever bookmark a site (useless internet is useless), but your website is amazing,
theres a lot of tutorials that go into detail and I also love Kde :)
anyways good job! and add more :)

Thank you so much! I try to do a good job with every article that I write because I really want my website to be special and you're right in saying that most of the stuff that is out there is poorly done. I currently have exams (starting tomorrow and again in May!) but I can at least promise something every 8-12 days till then, after that, articles will come out a lot more frequently.