PDA

View Full Version : Are You Sitting On a Cheap Chair?

inobe
March 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I can't enjoy computing, sitting on this uncomfortable chair.

Be back soon, i have to go for a stretch, Possibly get the wife to massage these sore biscuits :grin:

Megaptera
March 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm sitting on a sofa with my laptop on an a laptop tray, very comfortable (just to make you jealous!).

JDShu
March 20th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Yes, its a deck chair :(

bumder
March 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I have one of those cheap 'gaming' chairs, but without all the speakers in it.

kinda comfy, and it rocks back and forth too. except if i go too far back i tip over and need assistance to get back up again...:oops:

3Miro
March 20th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Used to have a cheap chair. After my surgery I got a new and better one. My advice: Make sure you are sitting on a good chair.

ronnielsen1
March 20th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Yes. It needs to become a new one. So does the computer

HappinessNow
March 20th, 2011, 12:46 PM
laying on a futon with my head on pillows typing on my Google Chrome Notebook :P

Welly Wu
March 20th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Yes. I am sitting on a very cheap chair that cost me nothing. It hurts my *** after sitting for more than 90 minutes even with a pillow designed for uncomfortable chairs. I always thought about switching out chairs for something that is much more comfortable since I use my ASUS N61JV-X2 notebook PC all of the time every day.

hrhnick
March 20th, 2011, 04:02 PM
My $20 dollar exercise ball made the best chair I ever used.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FH2W4A

Keeps your back aligned, and feels natural overall.
Takes a little getting use too, but I love it. Beats my old $300 Ikea chair I had.

TriBlox6432
March 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm sitting on a very comfortable, expensive sofa. No laptop case, it's literally atop my lap.

At my computer desk (which I use occasionally) I have a pretty cheap chair. It cost about $35 but it's still pretty comfy. Comfy as in I can sit for 2-3 hours without getting sore. But I get sore in ANY chair after like 3 hours.

kerry_s
March 20th, 2011, 04:23 PM
laying on a futon with my head on pillows typing on my Google Chrome Notebook :P

That's what I use to do, but now I've changed to a tiny coby mid7015 tablet, more space, less to lug.
:lolflag:

runeh76
March 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah with many pillows :)

Timmer1240
March 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Yes I have to have a good chair to many hours spent on this computer not too!

RiceMonster
March 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM
No, this is a really nice chair, and very comfortable. I took it from the basement office in my house because nobody was using it. No idea how much it costed, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap.

BandD
March 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM
My $20 dollar exercise ball made the best chair I ever used.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FH2W4A

Keeps your back aligned, and feels natural overall.
Takes a little getting use too, but I love it. Beats my old $300 Ikea chair I had.

I've gotta second the exercise ball. It helps minimize static loading as well!

Me Mechant
March 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I have been sitting on a (very) cheap chair for the last 10 years, but yesterday i went to the store and....yeah...i bought a new one. Kind of expensive for my budget...but i used to keep my chair for a very long time! The exercise ball is very good idea too !

standingwave
March 20th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Picked up a new chair about two months ago. True Innovations Model Number 9999. Very happy with it. Great lower back support and high enough to rest my neck when I lean back.
http://priceviewer.com/deal/manage/up/201008161281978698_ac896c99112579f3257680733200fc6 c.jpg

youbuntu
March 20th, 2011, 08:20 PM
My chair was not cheap when originally sold, but it cost me £40, and is VERY comfortable, so yes - I am.

Dustin2128
March 20th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Eh, it's decent. Looking to buy a better one though....

JRV
March 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I'm sitting on a nice, comfortable, worn out chair.

gnomeuser
March 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I have a broken uncomfortable chair, the base metal plate which provides stability and allows me to lock the back in position broke a while ago.

So now I am left with a chair that is wrecking my back, is uncomfortable and generally feels wobbly. It also makes some omious creaking sounds.

I am not going to replace it though, I am moving out of the country so I can certainly live without the expense and while it is broken, it still basically functions as a chair.

Also my computer solved the uncomfortable seating problem by dying the other night, so now all I have to do computing on is a 199$ ARM+Ubuntu netbook... it is slow, of low build quality and the software is very crashy. At least my back is feel better now that I am computing lying down instead.

markp1989
March 20th, 2011, 10:50 PM
in the last few months I have replaced my desk and chair.

my old chair was wobbly, a grommet thing had cracked at the top of the cylinder , so i replaced the chair with one in the 1st attached picture, cost about £50 which isn't too bad

my old desk was too tall so it would make my shoulders ache and it was falling apart, was gona empty out the cupboard in the base, but i relised the condense was all that was holding up the desk.

so I replaced it with a £60 desk from Ikea which has made my pc a lot more comfortable to work on

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40180037

imo is worth spending good money on a desk/chair combo as your body will thank you for it!

WRDN
March 21st, 2011, 12:04 AM
I'm using a Therapod Orthopod, a chair designed specifically to promote correct posture and back positioning.
It retails at £900 but I managed to pick it up for £80.

forrestcupp
March 21st, 2011, 12:44 AM
I'm currently lying in what is probably a very expensive hospital bed.

Be back soon, i have to go for a stretch, Possibly get the wife to massage these sore biscuits :grin:

Lol.

inobe
March 21st, 2011, 08:38 PM
This chair, the screws at bottom keep coming lose, it squeaks, the cushioning affect is gone, it's like sitting on a rock.

decktrio
March 21st, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'm sitting on a very comfortable, expensive sofa. No laptop case, it's literally atop my lap.

At my computer desk (which I use occasionally) I have a pretty cheap chair. It cost about $35 but it's still pretty comfy. Comfy as in I can sit for 2-3 hours without getting sore. But I get sore in ANY chair after like 3 hours.

I hope you're not a male trying to impregnate someone... laptop directly on lap... smh