PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who can UV map/texture a model?

dolny
May 6th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Me and my friend started planning/making an open source objective-oriented tank battle game (multiplayer). We need people who can model, have good knowledge of C++ and mainly, someone who can texture models (we're making the models in blender), the engine will probably be irrilicht, maybe ogre (that isn't my decision). Anyway, the game will be 3d but the view will be similar to gta - from the top. I know you can read posts like this one all over the net and the projects die all the time, but anyway, if you're interested. Drop me a PM.

It will run on Linux and Windows for sure, will see about other platforms.

We started a couple days ago, we have 2 tank models, 2 houses (it's easy to model them considering they're designed for a top view) and we're going to work on it and wait for some texture artist.

GarethMB
May 6th, 2006, 12:52 AM
You can texture the models in Blender3d using the LSCM.

Nano Geek
May 6th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Why don't you try the new blenderjobs.com (http://www.blenderjobs.com) site.

Nano Geek
May 6th, 2006, 01:15 AM
I might be interested, could you post some more details about the game. Such as: will there be any violence, what would you think it would be rated, ect.
Thanks

dolny
May 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I think I'll try to write down the ideas and general concept and post the link to the info here in a couple of days. Thanks for the replies.

Nano Geek
May 7th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Here's a picture of my latest model, I'm still working on it. If you don't think I would be of any help to you thats fine, just tell me, I wouldn't be offended at all.

dolny
May 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
It's cool enough :) I've started learning Blender3D a couple of days ago and was able to make a tank that looks good enough. Especially when the game area is shown from the top.

I'll msg you later. I'm not in my home during the weekend.

Nano Geek
May 8th, 2006, 03:28 AM
I was wondering, if I do help you, would I be able to help you more with this game than just making models and texturing? I know that you and your friend probably have very good ideas, but I would be enjoy helping you with game design, story line ideas, ect..

Nano Geek
May 8th, 2006, 04:37 AM
I didn't notice before that you wanted someone to code. I'm afraid that I don't know the slightest thing about codeing, sorry.

dolny
May 8th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Do you use skype? If yes, give me your nickname.

Nano Geek
May 8th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I don't use Skype.

dolny
May 8th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Msn, Aim?

abs
May 8th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Me and my friend started planning/making an open source objective-oriented tank battle game (multiplayer). We need people who can model, have good knowledge of C++ and mainly, someone who can texture models (we're making the models in blender), the engine will probably be irrilicht, maybe ogre (that isn't my decision). Anyway, the game will be 3d but the view will be similar to gta - from the top. I know you can read posts like this one all over the net and the projects die all the time, but anyway, if you're interested. Drop me a PM.

It will run on Linux and Windows for sure, will see about other platforms.

We started a couple days ago, we have 2 tank models, 2 houses (it's easy to model them considering they're designed for a top view) and we're going to work on it and wait for some texture artist.
Just wondering, have you got anyideas on the look and feel of this game, for instance, is it a top view game or true 3D game,

is there a website with information on it, roadmap,

I am interested in this, I use 3D studio max, and Maya, not tried blender much,

one last thing, I think the canon is in need of a nicer texture, its too plain looking, maybe some rust marks and damage and so on.

let me know that you are planning and hopefully we could get some models done and textured, I am in the process of making my website, so for the mo, it will be a little hard to see what i have made.

--

dolny
May 8th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Cool. It would be good to talk on some IM like Skype, MSN, AIM... IRC eventually. Do you have any of these?

abs
May 8th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Cool. It would be good to talk on some IM like Skype, MSN, AIM... IRC eventually. Do you have any of these?
hay,

I think we should use later on IRC, anyways, I am at work at the mo, and will send you me details (IM) when I can, as i dont have internet at home, so internet only at work.

--

Nano Geek
May 8th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Sorry, but right now I don't have any IM software set up. Also, thanks for the comments about my model.

dolny
May 8th, 2006, 11:08 PM
OK. Im quite busy because I'm moving to UK for about 3 months (probably). I'll get in touch with you soon or msg the second designer to do it. Peace :)

Nano Geek
May 16th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Could you post some pictures or something?
Thanks