PDA

View Full Version : No Right-Click available in files and folders, or on desktop

mrsollycat
March 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hello,

I'm brand new to Ubuntu so apologies if this is something that I just haven't worked out yet, but it is proving puzzling and a little irritating!

I installed Ubuntu Netbook onto my Asus EeePC (replaced Windows XP) on Thursday. It seems to be working well apart from that when in the 'Files and Folders' tab, I can't right-click on documents, files or folders. I can't drag and drop them, only click on them to open. Which must be wrong!

I also can't right-click on the desktop. But, my trackpad is definitely working as I can right-click on the side bar to close or pin programmes. When opening 'Files and Folders' with Thunar File Manager, I can right-click and move documents as I would expect. However, I can't find a way of pinning this file manager to either the desktop or the side bar.

There doesn't seem to be a quick way (i.e. shortcut on desktop) to get to My Computer style window...perhaps due to my inability to be able to right-click on any programmes in the application tab.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Beckie