PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HD5770 3D working 100% on 10.10 and then not?

Linkdead
March 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM
So everything was looxing great and then i then I clicked System > Prefrences > apperance. I noticed that in the visual tab no option was selected.. so i clicked "extra" and lost alot of effects.... now I cant get them back? ... I am using the 11.2 ati propriatary driver.. but if I use the open source driver my moniter's resolution becomes unchangeble and there is a disgusting pink line on the left side of my screen, worse yet no 3d!
Any suggestions? Thanks

Linkdead
March 20th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Right, so I restarted X and 3-D is working again.

mcduck
March 20th, 2011, 12:45 PM
So everything was looxing great and then i then I clicked System > Prefrences > apperance. I noticed that in the visual tab no option was selected.. so i clicked "extra" and lost alot of effects.... now I cant get them back? ... I am using the 11.2 ati propriatary driver.. but if I use the open source driver my moniter's resolution becomes unchangeble and there is a disgusting pink line on the left side of my screen, worse yet no 3d!
Any suggestions? Thanks

The options there are presets, so if you have done any Compiz configuration of your own you shouldn't switch visual effects settings in the Appearance dialog or you'll load that preset and loose your own configurations.

("None" switches to Metacity, "Normal" and "Extra" are two different pre-configured Compiz setups.)