PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Anyway to install the "Macbuntu" gnome theme into a separate dekstop environment?

samjad51
March 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hi,
Is there anyway to install the macbuntu theme into a separate desktop environment. ( Mind me if im mistaken, but i mean when you login how you can choose gnome, kde, etc).

Essentially, this is so that i can decide over wanting to use the original gnome look with the default panels, or the macbuntu theme.

Thanks in advance.

ronnielsen1
March 19th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Absolutely, the easiest way is to use different versions of your name. At one time I had four different logons. ronxp, ron7, ronosx and ron. One was default, one looked like osx, one looked like windows 7 etc. Using differnt variations of your name keeps your config files from messing up the others

samjad51
March 20th, 2011, 05:01 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, but is there anyway i can do it in the same user account?

Thanks in advance.

ronnielsen1
March 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Not really, the configuration files will mess up each other. You will still have access to all of your files.

ronnielsen1
March 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM
To attempt to clearify, my:

music files are in /home/ron/music
videos are in /home/ron/videos

etc.

If I make a new user I would still use the same /home - It might be /home/newuser - I would make a link to my videos, etc to /home/newuser/Desktop. You wouldn't be without access to anything