PDA

View Full Version : Invitation for Open Source Project

rcbandit
March 18th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hi,
I'm starting a open source project for server management system written in C. I'm not experienced developer. I'm a student and I work on the project in my free time. Every one who want to take a part in this hobby project in his free time is invited.
Send me e-mail.

I will send you development information

Regards
Peter

CptPicard
March 18th, 2011, 06:34 PM
It sounds like a "server management system" should not be written in C to begin with...

cgroza
March 18th, 2011, 11:35 PM
It sounds like a "server management system" should not be written in C to begin with...
C would be an overkill for this, try something high level, like Python!

ikt
March 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
what do you mean server management system?

Can you setup a wiki page and maybe explain: what, how, why, when etc

kgas
March 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
This is a spam message the OP simply spam evey forum. MOD can close this thread.

rcbandit
March 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM
It's not a spam.

I started the project here:

https://github.com/peterpenzov/Oreon

AbhiJais
March 20th, 2011, 11:24 PM
It's not a spam.

I started the project here:

https://github.com/peterpenzov/Oreon
Hey, Creating a wiki page describing the requirement clearly would decipher much of what picture you have in mind for your project and I would like to work for it... :)

AbhiJais
March 20th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Hey, Creating a wiki page describing the requirement clearly would decipher much of what picture you have in mind for your project and I would like to work for it... :)
And you can take my mail for further notifications/communication. abhi.jais.86@gmail.com

cgroza
March 21st, 2011, 01:46 AM
And you can take my mail for further notifications/communication. abhi.jais.86@gmail.com
Its not a good idea to post your email like that, the net is full of spiders that search that!

vivek.pandey
March 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
well even i would be interested iff you turn back to this forum soon

AbhiJais
March 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
Its not a good idea to post your email like that, the net is full of spiders that search that!
Thanks Cgroza, I was not aware of that. Did it mistakenly.

slavik
March 21st, 2011, 01:22 PM
so, in short, here is what your project aims to re-invent (listed in parenthesis are some of the most popular packages/programs that do it already):

1. configuration (puppet)
2. monitoring (nagios, sitescope, hyperic)
3. administration (puppet, cpanel)
4. graphing data (cacti, casandra)

note: I work for a managed service provider. ;)

ikt
March 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM
so, in short, here is what your project aims to re-invent (listed in parenthesis are some of the most popular packages/programs that do it already):

1. configuration (puppet)
2. monitoring (nagios, sitescope, hyperic)
3. administration (puppet, cpanel)
4. graphing data (cacti, casandra)

note: I work for a managed service provider. ;)

Yeah, the list of things the op wants to do have already been done, unless they want to do it differently to those programs, in which case they need to explain a bit more.

slavik
March 21st, 2011, 01:38 PM
also to add, creating users/groups? that's what LDAP (and pam) is for. :)