PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Netbook Remix problems - downgrade to Ubuntu 10.04?

little.lamma
March 17th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been using Ubuntu for about 6 months. When I got my netbook (Lenovo Ideapad S10-2) I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix, cause it seemed like a logical thing to me. Recently I started having small problems with my wireless, waking up my netbook from hibernate state, and I started getting annoyed with not being able to use desktop.
Ok, then I found out I can use my desktop, but still I wanted to downgrade to previous version of Ubuntu (10.04). How to do so?
I also noticed that I haven't made any partitions but now gparted is crashing all the time.
Can you help?

p.s. I don't know which logs would be useful, so please help with that as well.

Tnx. :KS

mikewhatever
March 17th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade, just manually remove one version and install another instead. Since you've made no partitions, it's probably a wubi install inside Windows. Uninstall it from the Windows Add/Remove or whatever it's called.

little.lamma
March 18th, 2011, 12:02 AM
The netbook came without no operating system on it, so the Ubuntu Netbook is the first one installed.

user1397
March 18th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I would suggest just backing up your files, wiping the drive, and reinstalling with whatever version you wish. There is no downgrade-ing procedure.

little.lamma
March 18th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Hey ubuntuman001,
my logic was saying the same thing to me, so I backed up everything.
The only problem is I don't know how to wipe the drive :) (however stupid this sounds). Can you explain me the procedure, please?

Tnx

mikewhatever
March 18th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Simply proceed installing 10.04 as if the hard drive was blank, and use the entire hard drive for the installation.

little.lamma
March 18th, 2011, 01:08 AM
I started installing 10.04 and got stuck at step 3 out of 7 (when setting up my keyboard layout). I set it up and when I click Forward then it gets stuck.

Any ideas?

archolman
March 18th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I started installing 10.04 and got stuck at step 3 out of 7 (when setting up my keyboard layout). I set it up and when I click Forward then it gets stuck.

Any ideas?

Start again. I've had a similar problem in the past. Just make sure that you choose "Use the whole disc" when you do.