PDA

View Full Version : Graphics tablets

forrestcupp
March 16th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Has anyone ever seen a cordless graphics tablet? I've searched for one, and everything that comes up is a USB tablet with a cordless pen. I don't care if the pen is cordless or not; I want a tablet that is cordless.

inobe
March 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM
33 foot range, wacom intuos4 wireless pen tablet.

forrestcupp
March 16th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Wow. Thanks.

I guess I should have expected it to be very expensive. I'm thinking a wireless graphics tablet is probably not the best thing for what I want to do.

inobe
March 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
too bad, wireless peripheral extenders need a power source, otherwise that would have been an option, unless you can find a rechargeable one!

Lucradia
March 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
too bad, wireless peripheral extenders need a power source, otherwise that would have been an option, unless you can find a rechargeable one!

Or a solar one, if you think you can build the solar exchange unit for your tablet.

Logitech has a keyboard that's solar; and it indeed will never need recharging, unless I require a new battery once its lifespan is complete.

Logitech should follow what WACOM does with mice, and build a solar mousepad but have the mouse not use any power like the WACOM Mice do, and instead, the mousepad is the device that senses the mouse's location. But, it wouldn't need the wacom's mapping system to directly map to the screen (as mice don't need that.)

To be honest, I don't see why all input devices can have some sort of solar extension. The Logitech Keyboard is rather inexpensive even.

it would be nice to have solar units build into tablets such as the xoom, on the black rim outside of the display, we wouldn't need to recharge much, if ever.