PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] kde bluetooth manager in fluxbox

dkjedi
March 16th, 2011, 08:26 PM
hello, i've decided to ditch kde and move into fluxbox. So far all is good but i've spent the last hour trying to figure out the command to start the kde bluetooth manager (the one in the system tray) in fluxbox. I've seen several ways to do it with gnome dependencies but would like to avoid install them if possible. Thanks for your time.

kellemes
March 16th, 2011, 10:00 PM
hello, i've decided to ditch kde and move into fluxbox. So far all is good but i've spent the last hour trying to figure out the command to start the kde bluetooth manager (the one in the system tray) in fluxbox. I've seen several ways to do it with gnome dependencies but would like to avoid install them if possible. Thanks for your time.

Have you tried running kbluetooth4?
Can't check atm.

dkjedi
March 16th, 2011, 11:28 PM
hi, yes i have tried many different command similar, (kbluetooth, kbluetooth4, kbluetooth-manager bluetoothmanager, bluetooth-manager) non seem to work. BTW probably should of mentioned before but I'm using kubuntu 10.10.

kellemes
March 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
hi, yes i have tried many different command similar, (kbluetooth, kbluetooth4, kbluetooth-manager bluetoothmanager, bluetooth-manager) non seem to work. BTW probably should of mentioned before but I'm using kubuntu 10.10.

I assume you're using tab-completion?

There must be some app handling bluetooth for KDE..

kdeblue<TAB>
kde-blue<TAB>
kde4blue<TAB>
kde4-blue<TAB>
kblue<TAB>

dkjedi
March 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
thank you for reminding me of tab complete, but none of those worked, if i install something like blueman will it mess up kde if i ever go back? thanks again for you time.