PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Desaturate and Colorify icons?

NK4551
March 16th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Hello, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section or some other faux-pas, but I was just wondering if there was a way to theme Gnome in a so that icons are shone in monochrome gray, but upon mouse-over become color again.

Is this possible?

I just downloaded the Window-Picker Applett, which does exactly what I want, but it only does it with already open programs. Can anybody crack it open and find out how it's coded so I'll know what to do. Or is that mixing oil and water?

Krytarik
March 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Sure, everything is possible! :P

Therefore you would have to add/change the respective button images in the themes' "metacity-1" directory and you may have to edit the file "metacity-theme-1.xml" in the same directory to reflect the desired setup.

Good luck!

Copper Bezel
March 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I think he might literally mean the icon theme, not the Metacity theme. Icons don't have a prelight (sadly, because it's a great idea.)

NK4551
March 16th, 2011, 10:33 PM
I think Copper Bezel is right. From what I've gathered, Metacity is the window borders and control buttons. I'm talking about icons in menus and on panels. I mostly want the panel icons to colorify on highlight, but if I could get everything to do it, that would be a bonus.

Krytarik
March 17th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Ok, then I didn't get you right, sorry. I really don't believe that this is possible, but, like Copper Bezel said, it would be nice.

NK4551
March 17th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Okay, thank you for letting me know... Now, for someone less lazy than I to start a petition...

Krytarik
March 17th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Okay, thank you for letting me know... Now, for someone less lazy than I to start a petition...
Just hang it in there: http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/
But make sure before, that it doesn't already exist there. ;-)