PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Touchscreen_LG T171B in 10.04

Muhsin7
March 15th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Hi

I am fairly new to Ubuntu so I would appreciate any help. I am working on a project that requires the use of a touchscreen. The touchscreen in use is the LG T1710B and I need to get it working in Ubuntu 10.04. I have tried it with the evtouch drivers but it cannot even load the drivers , I know this from the Xorg.0.log file.

The previos touchscreen that I got working was the LG 1730, but they have stopped manufacturing it apparently. I managed to get it working by doing the following:
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-evtouch
sudo gedit /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evtouch.conf
I got the driver and then edited the .conf file wit the MaxX, MinX, MaxY, and MinY values so the cursor is as close to your finger as possible.

I have used Google and came across a Patch but I am not sure what to do with it. I am not sure if I can post the link but if I can please let me know. I also saw on the Ubuntu forums a reply to a post on a similar issue but I was unable to get it working, I tried it and synaptic manager gave me an error that it had no signature.

Does anyone know which driver to use and how I should get the touchscreen going? I will appreciate your help.

Regards
Muhsin Hoosen

Muhsin7
March 15th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I am sorry, I think I put this thread in the wrong forum.

Thanks and Regards
Muhsin Hoosen