PDA

View Full Version : Ichthux Dependencies

tumelo
March 14th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Does anybody know what's up with Ichthux and all of its dependencies and broken packages?
Is it just obsolete at this point or is it still possible to get Ichthux? If anybody knows how to bypass the dependencies then please let me know.

Same with ubuntu-ce, can't install it because of unmet dependencies and broken packages. Mainly opensong.

hoobuntu
March 18th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I've been running into the same issue on both of those as well. Anyone have ideas?

tumelo
March 23rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'm slowly hacking away at the dependencies for ubuntu-ce one by one. I'll let you know if I have any success.

ubu777
April 11th, 2011, 06:09 AM
](*,) is sad to say ichthux is broken.

daniel9876
April 27th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hallo
I asked about the problems, Ralph Janke, who cares about Ichthux and he wrote :"I am not aware of any issue with the releases named. I had tested them before release and they worked at the time.
I need to check them out in a VM, but will not be able to do that until
business tax season is over. "

greetings

jonathonblake
April 27th, 2011, 08:50 PM
"I am not aware of any issue with the releases named. I had tested them before release and they worked at the time."

The following is what I get, when I select "ichthux-desktop" for installation. (Xenix 9.10 updated to xubuntu 10.4 updated to kubuntu 10.10, with the Ubuntu Jewish, Ubuntu Christian, Sabily, and Edubuntu metapackages installed.)

ichthux-desktop:
Depends: foomatic-db but it is not going to be installed
Depends: hotkey-setup but it is not installable
Depends: ichthux-docs but it is not going to be installed
Depends: kde-printer-applet but it is not installable
Depends: kdebluetooth but it is not installable
Depends: kio-locate but it is not installable
Depends: kwin but it is not installable
Depends: usplash but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: openoffice.org but it is not going to be installed

I'm not sure when "at the time" refers to. However, it has been at least since 10.4 was released, that Ichthux desktop has generated messages similar to the above.

To be fair, about a quarter of the packages in both the Ubuntu Jewish metapackage, and the Ubuntu Christian metapackage generate similar errors.

jonathon

daniel9876
April 28th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Yes, I tried it too with installed versions of ubuntu and kubuntu 9.04/ 9.10/ 10.04 and 10.10 but with no success.
I hope it will be work with 11.04.