PDA

View Full Version : Getting GTK treeView object for Quickly's "ubuntu-application"

Spike the Dingo
March 13th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I have the chance to do some opportunistic programming. I'm using this as an excuse to learn GTK+ apps with Python and Quickly.

Now, I should start by saying that I am not particularly good at coding GUIs and this is my first experience with GTK.

A simple setup:
Lets say you were to start a simple app in Quickly using the "ubuntu-application" template. Open that project up in glade and replace the image of the Ubuntu logo with a GTKtreeView object.

Now, my goal is to create a listStore with a maybe 3 columns of data that gets updated in real time from some lab equipment and have this appear in my treeView widget.

If I create a listStore object in Glade, how do I grab this in my code? Or, if I were to create the listStore in my code, along with some columns, how do I grab my treeView widget?

I've searched quite a few places and the trouble I'm having is that: 0) I'm new to GTK; 1) this is in Quickly and Glade, not raw code; 2) this is being done with GTKbuilder in Python.

What is 'The Quickly Way', oh mighty coding gurus?
Does my question make sense?

Thanks.