PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] xc3028-v27 firmware not found

EvanJackPenn
March 13th, 2011, 01:02 PM
-------------------------
NOTE:
This does not appear to be the problem with my system, it is something to do with my desktop interface. I'm marking this as solved even though it's not as to make a more relevant post in the right place. Thanks for your time.
-------------------------

Hallo!

This is my first time here, and first time with Linux so please excuse my noobiness.

I installed Ubuntu a few days ago. It went beautifully and everything worked. I ran the update manager, and installed it all. I also installed a graphics card driver.

I then rebooted my system, went into GRUB and booted the new entry. It then turned to a black screen, and then it said:

[ 18.391961]xc2028 1-0060: Error: firmware xc3028-v27.fw not found
[ 18.394793]xc2028 1-0060: Error: firmware xc3028-v27.fw not found

(Note: I've rebooted more times, and the first number in [] always changes)

After, it asks for login etc. I then just get terminal. My friend who is semi-proficient in Linux tried to help, but couldn't.

My most recent GRUB entry is:
Ubuntu with Linux 2.6.35-27-generic

My previous one, before updates, which now also suffers the same error, is:
Ubuntu with Linux 2.6.35-22-generic

After a few days, I gave up, wiped my hard drive (dual HDD, so I wiped my Linux one!) and reinstalled it. All working again - update - error.

So I have come to ask for your help! I've seen something of this error on google, but nothing I could understand. My knowledge of Linux is tiny - I only reall know ls, cd and apt-get!! Please keep it simple! :P

Thankyou for your time!!!

EvanJackPenn
March 13th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hmm. I found that this firmware is for a TV tuner. I don't see why I only have a terminal interface. I'm not too fussed about the tuner, to be honest. I just want to be able to use Linux. I'm not having a good first experience :(

"The `Xceive XC3028` is a single chip silicon tuner capable of receiving analogue cable, analogue terrestrial, digital cable and digital terrestrial TV (PAL, NTSC, SECAM, DVB-t, ATSC, DVB-c). It is commonly used in USB digital TV receivers for PC and Mac."