PDA

View Full Version : Switfox confusion ?

mips
May 5th, 2006, 12:45 AM
http://getswiftfox.com/

What exactly are the branch and trunk versions of swiftfox ?

I have a amd64 cpu and I use the k7 kernal, which version of swiftfox should i use ?

mips
May 5th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Never mind. i figured it out. It has to do with the different versions of firefox. For extension compatibility don't go with the branch or trunk versions.

GoldBuggie
May 5th, 2006, 02:20 AM
something i don't understand is that..isn't the only benefit from running swiftfox compared to the official firefox, from the homepage, the O3 optimization??? I tried looking to see if there were any other optimizations but didn't find anything significant.

errdil
May 8th, 2007, 11:13 PM
for instance there is lower memory usage

igknighted
May 9th, 2007, 12:13 AM
something i don't understand is that..isn't the only benefit from running swiftfox compared to the official firefox, from the homepage, the O3 optimization??? I tried looking to see if there were any other optimizations but didn't find anything significant.

Basically this is it. They also do not include pango. Swiftfox never claims to be a new browser, just a more aggressively compiled FF. If you wanted to you could do the compile yourself, there are instructions on Mozilla's site. You could tweak it further if you want, or make a 64bit version, etc.