PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Ubuntu Website

wweeks
March 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Would anyone be interested in writing/blogging/making videos/tweeting for a Kansas Ubuntu LoCo website?
I have the technical know how and everything to make the site but content could be an issue for me to come up with. :)

cbennett926
March 23rd, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'm up for it! I just want to get involved with Ubuntu as much as I can!

wweeks
March 23rd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Awesome. Specifically how are you interested, like in doing one of the things I mentioned or did you have a different idea? I'm all ears!

cbennett926
March 23rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Umm, we could make a web page and just kind of have a general place for Ubuntu discussions, pictures, or just a friendly enviornment for Local Ubuntu enthusiasts and have it aesthetically appealing? I don't know either I'm just throwin stuff out there

wweeks
March 23rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
I've got the know how to build a site. I'm thinking we'd be better of to mostly push people towards this forum and such as opposed to building our own forum. We could put up a FAQ, make a screenshot gallery, make a list of current machines in Kansas and such.

cbennett926
March 23rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Ok, so we are looking at something along the lines of a very pretty profiling site for Ubuntu users from Kansas? Genius!

wweeks
March 23rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
Pretty much, something that will make people feel like Linux and Ubuntu aren't some geeky thing people on the east or west coast use. :)