PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Everything needs 3 clicks after updates

craig100
March 11th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Hi,

After installing today's updates, everything I click on needs 2 or 3 clicks before anything happens. Also, after a short while the mouse slows down alot. Is there a problem with the latest update to something that could have caused this? If so, when will it be fixed as the system is very difficult to use like this.

Any advice appreciated.

Craig

Frogs Hair
March 11th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I had a mouse anomaly where it became hipper sensitive after an update and removing the mouse and plugging it back in cleared it up. I have no idea what caused it .

Hedgehog1
March 12th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Hi,

After installing today's updates, everything I click on needs 2 or 3 clicks before anything happens. Also, after a short while the mouse slows down alot. Is there a problem with the latest update to something that could have caused this? If so, when will it be fixed as the system is very difficult to use like this.

Any advice appreciated.

Craig

Craig,

Based on the symptoms, I think a background process is eating up the CPU. This makes mouse clicks and movements slow way down or get ignored.

Please menu to System >> Administration >> System Monitor. When the monitor comes up, select the 'resources' tab. That will show you how much CPU and Memory are getting used up. The 'Processes' tab will show you WHO is using up the CPU.

The Hedge

:KS