PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha - screen flickering

hotkee
March 11th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I had 10.10 installed and decided to chance it by upgrading to the Alpha release 11.04.

Graphic card is ATI Sapphire X1550 I think (512MB).

Apart from trying to get used to the buggy interface (to be expected from the alpha), the screen keeps blinking, goes black for a second every 30 seconds.

At moment putting it down the alpha release - any help/advice appreciated. Waiting for beta...

tomjones75
May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 PM
Have you installed the correct driver? If you go to the shortcut bar to the left, and click on applications look for additional drivers. When I first installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my tablet I had the same problem. One of the proprietary drivers was for my video card, when I activated that driver the flicker went away.

upadhyayanm
May 4th, 2011, 03:50 AM
I encountered the same problem of Screen Flikering after installing Ubuntu 11.04 in my cumputer.

Activating the relevant (recommonded) Additional driver [in my case NVIDIA accelerated graphics Driver (current version)] and rebooting fixed the flikering problem in my comuter. In my case I navigated through

System Settings > Hardware > Additional Drivers

and picked and activated the driver and then rebooted.

When went back to

System Settings > Hardware > Additional Drivers

I could see selected driver "activated" (green cirecle) which indicates that "This Driver is activated but not currently in use". I assume this driver will be called for use only when software requiring this are run.

Cheers- Narayana

cirru
May 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM
hi there!
i ve got the same problem..but what wrote didn t work..
i ve got a new Satellite c660-1d7 from Toshiba
Intel® | Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
does somebody know where or how take/install new drivers pls?
thanks a lot