PDA

View Full Version : wireless bash script

Hippytaff
March 10th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I've written a little bash script. Just a really basic one which returns the output of the commands needed to diagnose wireless problems (like ifconfig, lscpi etc). Where can I put it for people to use and do I need someone to authorise me using it here?

azzamite
March 11th, 2011, 03:23 AM
If you copy it to /usr/bin/ with execution permission, everyone should be able o execute it
You need to be root to do that

Vox754
March 11th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I've written a little bash script. Just a really basic one which returns the output of the commands needed to diagnose wireless problems (like ifconfig, lscpi etc). Where can I put it for people to use and do I need someone to authorise me using it here?

Lol.

Sure, you can post it here.

#!/bin/bash

echo "Ma script!"

But then again, if your script is very basic, and you need to ask for permission to post it in a public forum... then perhaps it may not be that useful.

Oh, and umm... I guess that... umm, if you need permission, by the powers invested upon me by the King of Trucks, I hereby grant you authorisation to use it here!

Hippytaff
March 11th, 2011, 07:18 PM
It is rather basic, but it would save me asking people to post the output of blah blah eveytime I see a wireless problem. Thanks for the reassurance :-)