PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Failed to install Bootloader. Using USB Creator

Aaron2
March 10th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on why when using usb creator I may be getting a Failed to install Bootloader error??

I have the .ISO selected in the top pane, 8GB usb drive path in the lower pane.

I'm going this route because my mb isn't recognizing the CD's autorun.inf.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Aaron2
March 10th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Created a working bootable CD using infrrecorder, so all is solved.

thinman1189
March 12th, 2011, 04:37 AM
I am also having this problem. See this old thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1422992

Ideas?

Quackers
March 12th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Try unetbootin?

grizzancs
March 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I've just ran into the same problem, the solution was to reformat the flash drive as fat32 (it was ntfs, didn't even notice it)

Auslegung
September 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I know this thread is old but I was having similar problems, couldn't find a solution online, and made it work for myself nonetheless. I was trying to use a 4GB ext4 partition of my 500GB external hdd to make a LiveCD. I got the Failed to Install Bootloader issue. I reformatted the 4GB partition to NTFS, still failed. Finally I reformatted the 4GB partition to FAT32 and it worked.

I'm not very savvy about the different file system types, in general I know ext4 is the fastest and "best," (which is why I tried to use it for my 4GB partition) while NTFS works well with ******* and Linux, and FAT32 is a ******* fiile system type that Linux can read and use anyway. Maybe this will help others, hopefully.

ranskalex
November 8th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Formating to FAT32 worked for me too. Thanks for the tip!