PDA

View Full Version : Install

fidelandche
March 9th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Hi all,
I have a Samsung N150 plus net book and was going to replace windose 7 with Ubuntu net book, but before I do I have some questions to ask;

As the net book has a 3 in 1 card reader will this still work once I have installed Ubuntu?

I know I am supposed to use a flash drive/pen drive for the install. But could I use an external hard drive instead?

If I am able to use the external hard drive, do I download the file to the drive then install from there?

Any advice or tips on installing 10:10 for the net book would be great and how best to install from a hard drive if possible.

Cheers

mikewhatever
March 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM
You could try installing from the external hard drive, but keep in mind, that the program that prepares the installation media will wipe everything on that hard drive.
Personally, I think it best to invest in a cheap 1-2GB flash stick and use it to install Ubuntu.
I'd also recommend testing before installing, and should you ever need to use Windows, do make sure you have a recovery strategy before replacing it with Ubuntu.

Hedgehog1
March 10th, 2011, 09:31 AM
+1 on a USB install stick for any netbook owner.

Cheap Insurance.

www.pendrivelinux.com (http://www.pendrivelinux.com/category/usb-installs-from-linux/)

The Hedge

:KS