PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Not enough disk space?

guygol
March 9th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Hi, on the weekend I tried to install Ubuntu on my home pc. My wife currently uses Ubuntu on her laptop so I'm happy to go for a complete wipe + installation and get rid of Windows once and for all.
I used the same install cd I used on wife's laptop to install Ubuntu, which is the desktop download from the web-site (followed instructions fine). However with this installation, I get to the part where it checks I have an internet connection and enough disk space and it warns me I do not have enough disk space?
The hard drive is 100Gb, and it's mostly free already with Windows on it. How come it is telling me I don't have enough space? Is there something I can do to make sure it's looking in the right place for the space?
I'm an absolute beginner so sorry if it's obvious, I have tried also to search for an existing thread. Hope you can help, as I really want to use Ubuntu at home!
Best regards
Guy

mörgæs
March 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hi, welcome to the fora.

If you want to get rid of Windows completely, just select 'use entire drive for Ubuntu' (or something similar) during installation, then everything should go smoothly.