PDA

View Full Version : Google has 10,300 results for me alone!!

ki4jgt
March 9th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I don't know how, (I've had the same user name since 2005 and I use the same one on all my services) I have around 10,300 listings in Google for my username (FCC registered callsign, so they're all me. YIKES!!!! Anyone know how to do some major internet removal campaigns? I don't know enough people to have 10,300 references from Google, it kind of makes me look like I talk a lot. :-)

sydbat
March 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I don't know how, (I've had the same user name since 2005 and I use the same one on all my services) I have around 10,300 listings in Google for my username (FCC registered callsign, so they're all me. YIKES!!!! Anyone know how to do some major internet removal campaigns? I don't know enough people to have 10,300 references from Google, it kind of makes me look like I talk a lot. :-)

http://www.amdscooter.com/tinfoil-hat.jpg

Marlonsm
March 9th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Google has found 93100 for me.
It has even found my Twitter, which I didn't even know I had. Looks like there is someone else with this same username... Someone who is quite active on the web, if you ask me.

ki4jgt
March 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Google has found 93100 for me.
It has even found my Twitter, which I didn't even know I had. Looks like there is someone else with this same username... Someone who is quite active on the web, if you ask me.

My user name is specifically reserved for me, though it's possible for someone to take it, (I don't see why they'd want it.) It doesn't really benefit them in any way. Besides if they wanted to pretend to be me. (Bad credit)

sydbat
March 9th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Oh, BTW, my user name comes up with 35,200...so there.

Google looks for keywords, such as a user name, and puts up results that often have no relation to you specifically. They also have a lot of repeats in their searches because the keywords appear multiple times in a page, for example.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much. All of those "results" are definitely not just you.

sydbat
March 9th, 2011, 05:43 PM
My user name is specifically reserved for meImpossible.
though it's possible for someone to take it, (I don't see why they'd want it.) It doesn't really benefit them in any way. Besides if they wanted to pretend to be me. (Bad credit)See my first response...

Grenage
March 9th, 2011, 05:46 PM

All of which are undoubtedly miss-spellings of Grenade.

jerenept
March 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM

And most of them are reasonably probably me.
EDIT: they all are about me, I feel so important :P

doas777
March 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM
try putting your real name in here, and see what you come up with:
http://www.pipl.com/

pipl is a "deep web search engine" that attempts to match you to all your identities. commonly used by background check folks.

sydbat
March 9th, 2011, 06:39 PM

pipl is a "deep web search engine" that attempts to match you to all your identities. commonly used by background check folks.Nothing at all for me...not even my Facebook page or the company I work for or anything.

EDIT - and my user name only shows results for this forum. Not really much of a "Deep web search engine" if you ask me...

doas777
March 9th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Nothing at all for me...not even my Facebook page or the company I work for or anything.

EDIT - and my user name only shows results for this forum. Not really much of a "Deep web search engine" if you ask me...

interesting, you must have an unusual name. mine (which is not toooo common), turns up info on about 17 people, of which a little is mine. I'm pretty careful about my web footprint.
My 12 year old daughter however has several hundred hits all of which are about her, thanks to local paper reporting every fricken sports event she's ever been in.

sydbat
March 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM
interesting, you must have an unusual name. mine (which is not toooo common), turns up info on about 17 people, of which a little is mine. I'm pretty careful about my web footprint.
My 12 year old daughter however has several hundred hits all of which are about her, thanks to local paper reporting every fricken sports even she's ever been in.Nope. Common name. Lots of "hits" for everyone else with my name, just not me.

Oh, and Google has me at least once on the first page of results.

Tristam Green
March 9th, 2011, 07:31 PM
610,000 results. Clearly I've been prolific in the 11 years I've been using this name.

cascade9
March 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM

Cascade 9 (with space) gets 28,200,000.

Great, another way to find out there is a rapist out there with the same name as me (my real name, not a screen name)

Tristam Green
March 9th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Great, another way to find out there is a rapist out there with the same name as me (my real name, not a screen name)

Exactly. I searched mine and found there was evidently a [Tristam Green] who has an outstanding parking violation in Anderson, South Carolina, and a perjury conviction in Nebraska. Who knew?

andamaru
March 9th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I googled my old alias and I ended up finding an old site I had created and got rid of it.

Back on topic, I get 3,150,000 searching for my name :D, but I share a name with several famous people so I doubt any of those hits are for myself.