PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] 10.10 Synaptic does not display sources with "sources" checked

rnsc
March 9th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I checked the "sources" box. Strangely, it shows with a dash in it instead of a check mark.

When I search for a package (example autofs, coreutils), no sources are shown.

If I "uncheck" the "sources" box so that it is blank, same exact result.

I have also looked in /etc/apt/sources.list and it contains a deb-src line for restricted, main, multiverse, universe, and a separate one for partner.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

DougieFresh4U
March 9th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Are you downloading repos from 'Main'?
Have found that if I use 'United States' I can't get sources checked.

oldos2er
March 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM
As long as the deb-src lines are not commented out they should work. apt-get source coreutils for example.

rnsc
March 10th, 2011, 03:08 AM
DougieFresh4U, thank you. I assumed that all of the mirrors had full content.

I checked it, reloaded respositories, and nothing still shows up.

How do the sources appear when they are there? I have been assuming that they show up as a separate package that naturally sorts adjacent, like abc and abc-source or some such.

Thanks. Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated! This is stupid!

rnsc
March 10th, 2011, 03:12 AM
oldos2er, well, they are not commented out, and they don't work. Including with DougieFresh4U's instruction to use Main, which *did* enable a checkbox to appear on the box. Specifically, the following line is in /etc/apt/sources.list without being commented:

deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu maverick restricted main multiverse universe #Added by software-properties

Ideas? Does it work for you *right now*? Can you give me an example package to look up and tell em what you see? That would move me from an abstract discussion to a concrete example.

Thanks for your help.

oldos2er
March 10th, 2011, 06:53 PM
The example I gave in post #3 works for me. Sorry, but I know nothing about doing it from within Synaptic.

rnsc
March 11th, 2011, 05:02 AM
That was easy. Boy, do I feel silly now! I guess this also indicates that my system is set up correctly. Perhaps I should put in a synaptic bug report.

Thank you, very much!
--Ray