PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My Dream Project.. Services hosting software

vgokulakrishnan
March 9th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Hello everybody,
This is my dream project tell me how to do this or if impossible..
In my UEC Cloud, I want to create a module/software that hosts any software or application such as matrix calculator and even the telnet application in my cloud..
Is it possible and how, I like to hear your valuable answers..
It would be more helpful if done asap..
Thanx in advance..

kim0
March 9th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hi,
Your question is very unclear, please explain some more, also if you can provide links to software you want to run on the cloud, this would be very helpful

Thanks

vgokulakrishnan
March 9th, 2011, 01:10 PM
game, .exe files, java classes, basic files can all these be running under cloud..
About ma project,(I'm a student don't mistake if any thing wrong :) )
I want to create a intranet site, where user can upload files and those files should be uploaded into the cloud
and it should work under cloud.. Can this be done.. Can you say how.. Just a spark is enough..

In curiosity asking, what all can't be hosted in cloud, if i may know it..

kim0
March 10th, 2011, 09:04 AM
well, for java files, I would imaging a user can upload a war file for example through a web portal, then the cloud can spawn an Ubuntu server instance, install apache-tomcat in it, deploy the user's war file and get the service started. Yes that sounds possible

For .exe files, you can spawn a windows VM. For games however you'd need accelerated graphics and sound which is very hard to do.

All in all, what you describe AFAIK doesn't exist today, but could be done if you want to. Hope that was helpful