March 9th, 2011, 01:40 AM
i have a remote desktop app for my ipod that i use every now and then, but after about a week and a half of not using remote desktop on either my ipod or my computer, it seems to have stopped working. the problem is with my computer rather than my ipod. when i go to menu>system>preferences>remote desktop, the area where it is supposed to give you the ip address, or whatever it is to connect remotely, is no longer a number, but just the word "localhost". i only saw this after my ipod told me it could not find the host, so i checked and thats when i saw localhost. putting that into the remote desktop app did nothing, so i tried my ip address and that didnt work either. clicking on "localhost" brings up evolution mail which wants me to send it as an email, strangely. not sure whats going on here.