PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Vaio Z cant Wubi install

sandboarder08
March 8th, 2011, 06:24 PM
hello all im still in the learning process with linux. but its hard to learn much if you cant use it. please excuse my grammar. and keep it as simple as you can for me.

ok first off i have a new Vaio Z with the 4 SSD in Raid0 and striped, so a simple partition and install is out of the question.

so for the meantime i did the VM box install but its like using my first computer slow and graphics at 800x600!

now my last option was the Wubi. "install inside windows" with the 10.04 and the 10.10 i tried both. but i get to the bios and choose the ubuntu option and it goes directly to blank screen. only thing i found kinda worked is deleting the "Quiet splash" and adding nomodeset. In its place which gets me to the main gnome desktop but then says "no root file system" please correct with/in a partition.

And in either case, in addition to using live cd i have no track pad but thats minor compared to just getting it installed.

if anyone could help i would appreciate i tried searching and google-ing all day but no luck

Rubi1200
March 9th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums :-)

Theoretically, Wubi installs can be installed on a RAID array. In practice, however, this has not been thoroughly tested and not all setups are going to work.

That said, you may want to take a look here at one example of Wubi on RAID:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10316642&postcount=54