PDA

View Full Version : Future of Two and a Half Men

forrestcupp
March 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
So Charlie Sheen was just fired from Two and a Half Men. Maybe now the rumors will prove true and John Stamos will replace him.

Do you think John would be a good replacement, or do you think the show should just die?

(Please don't make this into a Charlie Sheen bashing thread like the last one that was shut down)

szymon_g
March 8th, 2011, 01:56 PM
for me- they could /or, even, should/ cancel that tv show, instead of slowly bastardise it with different actors...

pl@yer
March 8th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I would think that his replacement would need to be funny.

kellemes
March 8th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Charlie Sheen is knows all over the world (probably one of the reasons of the success of Two and a Half Men) while I don't even now who John Stamos is.. and his face doesn't ring a bell..

nickleboyblue
March 8th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I would say, let it die. It's really annoying when they take a good show and drag it on so long that it loses all meaning. In the off chance they can find someone "good" enough to replace him, I still wouldn't care too much. I mean, when a television show changes, it's not like my life caves in. I might even get more time on my hands to pursue my own dreams.

dh04000
March 8th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Let it die. It was good while it lasted, but the kid is already WAY to old now....... this is as good as any excuse to cancel the show. Its ratings were bad anyway.

Captain Smiley Pants
March 8th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Oh God, this show is and has always been terrible and I don't know how it caught on with everyone. Let it die, slowly and painfully.

Lucradia
March 8th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I didn't like the show.

forrestcupp
March 8th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I think the point of John Stamos is that he's good at having that bad boy image without actually being screwed up in real life.

Let it die. It was good while it lasted, but the kid is already WAY to old now.......

True. Maybe they should cancel it, start a new show with Stamos, and call it "Three Men". :)

Dustin2128
March 8th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I've never seen the show, so I assume you could just do a Doctor Who thing. :lolflag:

Timmer1240
March 9th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Im on team Charlie Ive heard rumors the Advertisers are trying to work out a deal to patch things up Between Sheen and the producers of the show they were making a ton of money off the show and dont wanna see it end neither do I!The show is Funny I guess its my kind of humor I used to do a LOT of partying myself so I cant condemn the guy for that!He just needs to get straightened out and back on track and things could be better and I think hes trying to do that now.

AlphaLexman
March 9th, 2011, 01:36 AM
I always told my wife, before his breakdown, "I don't think Charlie Sheen is acting." He was just playing the part of himself. His TV brother was really his actual brother Emilio Estevez, and his TV Real Estate mother was actually his real-life father. He hated both of them, and capitalized on the disparity of the whole relationship.

And then went completely AWOL!

wojox
March 9th, 2011, 01:45 AM
They should let it wither away without him. Stamos can't pull off what Sheen brings to that show.

amysmith28
March 9th, 2011, 01:54 AM
I don't watch the show , so I can't show any ideas about this.

WinterMadness
March 9th, 2011, 01:58 AM
I hate the show so much.

Every joke summed up:

Theres a hot girl

Cuddles McKitten
March 9th, 2011, 03:59 AM
They already leaked the finale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVx8lZIgLpA&feature=player_embedded).

Lucradia
March 9th, 2011, 04:05 AM
They already leaked the finale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVx8lZIgLpA&feature=player_embedded).

lol, Poochie.

forrestcupp
March 9th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Looks like Warner Bros might be talking to Rob Lowe to take Sheen's place.

Sean Moran
March 9th, 2011, 01:48 PM
With respect to the rest of the cast, Mr Sheen was the essential part of the show. I doubt anyone could have pulled off such an act without lots of practice off the set. You can't make a mental omelete like he portrayed without breaking a few egg shells.

If they try to keep up the show without Mr Sheen, they'll need to find a replacement who is just as screwed up in real life as Charlie is, or it will inevitably bore the audience to tears after a few episodes.

Nobody could act Charlie's part like he did unless they lived their life like he does.

Good luck Mr Sheen.

RiceMonster
March 9th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I hate the show so much.

Every joke summed up:

Theres a hot girl

Hey now, it's goes a bit more in depth than that! The jokes all go like this:
- Charlie Sheen is a drunk womanizer (laugh track)
- Charlie's brother has no money (laugh track)
- The kid is naive (laugh track)
- Charlie and his brother don't like their mother (laugh track)

BrokenKingpin
March 9th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I don't see how they can do it without him, being the focus of the show for the most part. It sucks for the rest of the cast if they cancel it, as they did nothing wrong, but will loose their jobs.

ki4jgt
March 9th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I would say, after the network pays him for suing them because of the emotional distress he was under (involving the show being closed) If they got a new person to take his place, the show would never be the same. I included the intro sentence above, to say this. No one but he can play that character, because no one but he really knows it well. He's basically a live version of the character and can play the part very well. I know if he were replaced, I don't think I would continue watching.

sydbat
March 9th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Personally, I can't believe that this thread has gone more than the original post.

Also, the problem with most sitcoms (this one especially) is they appeal to those with no gag reflex they are all Three's Company over and over...the same joke every week, the same laugh track, the same, the same, the same...

BTW - whatever happened to Richie's brother...?

forrestcupp
March 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
If they try to keep up the show without Mr Sheen, they'll need to find a replacement who is just as screwed up in real life as Charlie is, or it will inevitably bore the audience to tears after a few episodes.Enter Rob Lowe. ;)

Even Sheen gave Lowe his blessing. The problem is that they will end up with the same problems they had with Sheen.

No one but he can play that character, because no one but he really knows it well. He's basically a live version of the character and can play the part very well.

I doubt if they're going to continue that character with a different face. They'll somehow write Charlie out and bring in a new character that is similar to Charlie.

You never know, though. I guess they pulled it off with Becky on Roseanne. :)

I don't even know why I cared to start this thread. I don't even watch the show.

sydbat
March 9th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I don't even know why I cared to start this thread. I don't even watch the show."Quote of 2011" candidate.

KiwiNZ
March 9th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I gave up watching it about half way through the first season. Limited variations of the same plot gets boring very fast.

smellyman
March 10th, 2011, 12:49 AM
That show is terrible....

comments made just to setup a lame joke for Sheen.....which he delivers stoically with no comedic ability.

inkrypted
March 10th, 2011, 01:04 AM
My wife introduced it to me and it was good the first season but then it got old it had the same basic plot with nothing new being introduced. I say it lived longer than it should have already. Let everyone move on to other projects.

wrtpeeps
March 10th, 2011, 03:24 AM
Rubbish show. Sheen is a crap actor. The humour is predictable and about as funny as syphilis.

How many pairs of baggy shorts and bowling shirts can one guy own?

MisterGaribaldi
March 10th, 2011, 08:00 AM
On the one hand, I'd say "let it die suddenly like a candle suddenly snuffed out". But, on the other hand, I have an even better idea.

What they should do is start by having the remaining cast members all play totally against character. In fact, they should hire some additional people (which they could certainly afford on Chuckle's salary) of different genders, ethnic backgrounds, and skin colors. They could then intersperse them and have, say, a black female playing Chuck's character, a 40-something Russian guy playing the son, an oriental female playing the brother, and so forth and so on. They could make that show so d**n funny if they only went for it and tried the modernist absurd style.

I mean, heck, they couldn't do any worse, could they?

3rdalbum
March 10th, 2011, 08:29 AM
They're going to rename the show "Two and a bit men", because it's plain that Charlie Sheen isn't "all there".

sydbat
March 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
On the one hand, I'd say "let it die suddenly like a candle suddenly snuffed out". But, on the other hand, I have an even better idea.

What they should do is start by having the remaining cast members all play totally against character. In fact, they should hire some additional people (which they could certainly afford on Chuckle's salary) of different genders, ethnic backgrounds, and skin colors. They could then intersperse them and have, say, a black female playing Chuck's character, a 40-something Russian guy playing the son, an oriental female playing the brother, and so forth and so on. They could make that show so d**n funny if they only went for it and tried the modernist absurd style.

I mean, heck, they couldn't do any worse, could they?While absolute genius, we are talking Hollywood here...with no original thoughts or creativity. I mean, look at your avatar and how Hollywood producers tried to destroy that show...need I say more...

MisterGaribaldi
March 12th, 2011, 02:22 AM
While absolute genius, we are talking Hollywood here...with no original thoughts or creativity. I mean, look at your avatar and how Hollywood producers tried to destroy that show...need I say more...

Thanks for the kind words, and you're right: it was definitely a fight for jms to keep the show as he envisioned it.