PDA

View Full Version : Can Eye of Gnome quit with one ESC in fullscreen mode?

Lucas Malor
March 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM
As title. Or must I use one of the progs reported in http://art.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=850126 ?

bryncoles
March 8th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Hi there! Don't know about closing it with esc, but if you press ctr+w, that exits instantly. Is that any help?

t0p
March 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Is "Eye of Gnome" the real name of the image viewer that Ubuntu has cleverly renamed "Image Viewer"? If so, the answer is yes.

What I find puzzling is the fact that you posted this question rather than just trying it out for yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the collaborative nature of Free software. But really, all you needed to do was open an image file in Eye of Gnome/Image Viewer/whatever, make it full-screen, then hit ESC and see what happened. That's what I did, in order to answer your query.

BTW: If "Eye of Gnome" and "Image Viewer" are not the same program, all the above is meaningless. Nuthin' to see here, move along.

EDIT: Are you asking this cos you need a way to make your pr0n instanly vanish when your mother comes into your room? I would suggest that you invest in a lock for your door. That way, you can get up to all kinds of shennanigans without fear of discovery. If you're not allowed to put a lock on your bedroom door, take your laptop to the bathroom and *ahem* "go about your business" there. Doing this will make cleaning up afterwards much simpler.

Lucas Malor
March 14th, 2011, 02:34 PM
@bryncoles: thank you, but I know that.
@top: a single esc in fullscreen exit the fullscreen mode, not the program. Can I suggest you to avoid irony in a support forum and reply reading carefully the question?

RiceMonster
March 14th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Is "Eye of Gnome" the real name of the image viewer that Ubuntu has cleverly renamed "Image Viewer"? If so, the answer is yes.

Yes, that's the name of the program. Ubuntu didn't rename it. It shows up as "Image Viewer" by default in gnome.