PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Files from hdd missing

Fuserg9
March 7th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Hello,
I changed to wubi last night, i decided to go that way cause i was informed it was a safe way to try giving it a try for linux and ubuntu without any special effort needed to be payed and easily deleted if i am not pleased.Thankfully i am pretty satisfied with the results, i pretty much dealt with most of the issues i have faced so far successfully and i am running it ok beside one important thing.See i am using my laptop, which has a hdd of 250GB.On my Vista there are 2 different hdd C+E by default, they separated my hdd.So while i have windows on C and E is pretty much used for my additional data(see movies, music etc) when i installed wubi i installed it on E, thought it would be better and it had more space.Now though, while i can access threw ubuntu all my files that were located on C(vista) i cant access any of the E ones, and search file dont helps either.The "vista hdd" as ubuntu describes it, its a 250 gb disk on computer, which means it should contain both of the vista disks.But sadly thats not the case.i cant seem to be able to find them anywhere.
Any idea on why is that, and if and how it can be solved will be appreciated.

Thanks

bcbc
March 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM
The host partition is mounted as /host so you can go to Places, Computer, File system, host

or ALT-F2, nautilus /host