PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Teracopy like tweak for KDE's file transfers?

Veovis Muad'dib
March 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM
One of the main reasons I love KDE (And the main reason I'm jealous of Android as a JB iPhone user) is the unified notifications tray. So if the answer to my question requires not using the notification tray for file copies, then I'm not going to use that method.

On to the real question: In Windows, there is a great free utility that replaces Windows' explorer when it comes to file transfers. The main reason I use it is because it automatically queues transfers. For example, I have disk A and disk B. If I drag a folder from A to B, it begins to copy. If I then drag a second folder from A to B, it waits until the first folder is done copying before it copies the second, unless I manually start the second. This allows for me to continue organising my drives, without either waiting for each transfer to complete or having transfers plummet in speed and take several times as long as they would have one at a time.

Is there an application/utility/tweak/addon that can add this queuing idea to KDE's file transfers? I want it to use the notification tray still, and I will be moving items with Dolphin. I would be willing to change file managers if I had to.

LeeJunFan
January 14th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Krusader file manager.

There is also a program called ultra copy which is nothing but a file operations queue. I personally don't like it. If it integrated with dolphin's context menu like Teracopy does for Windows, I'd be all over it.

alpha_one_x86
August 2nd, 2012, 09:36 PM
Ultracopier is Teracopy/Supercopier like (http://ultracopier.first-world.info/)