PDA

View Full Version : [other] Acer 5100 OS Install Problem

night dash
March 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Hi everybody, I have an Acer Aspire 5100. When I try to install any operating system it shuts down itself. I tried to install windows( XP, Vista, 7... all of them failed), pardus and ubuntu. I finally could install Ubuntu without a problem (all other operating systems i said failed) but it freezes when i use some applications.
I checked my disk, it is healthy and using fsck looked if there is any bad sectors, results say there is no bad sectors.
What can be the problem with this computer? Any ideas?

Mr Pickles
March 7th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hi,

This sounds like a general hardware (probably motherboard) issue. It may be overheating or crashing because of any number of reasons. Are there any specific error messages that may point us in the right direction?

night dash
March 7th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Well, there are no error messages. When I start to install an OS it just shuts down itself after 10-15 minutes. As you said it can be a motherboard problem, sometimes after 2.5-3 hours use it suddenly shuts down, it gets very hot when i'm using it :)
The times that i tried to install i had just started the pc so it was not hot :) I'm really confused now what can be the problem.