PDA

View Full Version : advantages and disadvantages of ubuntu

sniperweydz
May 4th, 2006, 07:34 AM
i have this report about ubuntu, and im just asking if you guys can give me links to show me the advantage and disadvantage of ubuntu...tnx

LoclynGrey
May 4th, 2006, 07:46 AM
using ubuntu in...what type of enviroment and intended use?

nalmeth
May 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM
where to start?? :confused:

tribaal
May 4th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Hum no anti-virus needed...
No defrag needed either
No price to pay - it's free-
No sweat - easy to setup-
No fences - code is open, share it as you like-

And much more (http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu)...

- trib'

nalmeth
May 4th, 2006, 09:26 AM
We have lots of info to give, positives and negatives, just point out what the report is about and what kind of info you're looking for.
pro's and con's for who?

Jussi Kukkonen
May 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM
i have this report about ubuntu, and im just asking if you guys can give me links to show me the advantage and disadvantage of ubuntu...tnx

Well, it's harder to get drunk on Ubuntu than on, let's say, Vodka. So that would be a disadvantage. On the other hand if you want to read e-mail, using Ubuntu is a lot easier and user-friendlier than using a flying squirrel. So I'd say we're about even.

Seriously, you need to be more specific -- what do you intend to compare Ubuntu with: other Linux distros, Windows XP, ...? What do you want to compare: general usability, ease of installation for Joe Sixpack, suitability for some server configuration,...?

raniele
October 6th, 2010, 08:58 AM
may i also ask from this thread the advantages and disadvantages of ubuntu for an average joe? i need this for our report in out information technology class...

thank you :D

Ahava591
October 6th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I would recommend you use the distribution. I recommend you go to sites like DistroWatch, I think there's also a Polish site, (with English,) that offers comparisons between distributions.

If you can try other operating systems, do so.

I am not trying to be mean; if you really need help then that is what we are here for. However, if you have been tasked with writing a report on the subject, then you should be able to think of things you like and dislike about Ubuntu, and how it compares in various categories to other operating systems, at least distributions of Linux if nothing else.

Try thinking of how quickly, how easily and how completely you can do the things you, personally, like to do with computers when using Ubuntu. Compare these tasks with other operating systems. This might make it easier for you.

overdrank
October 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5451/necromancing.jpg