PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] What's the best way to figure out what application is grabbing my hotkeys

krymson93
March 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hello,

I'm running Ubuntu 10.10, and since I upgraded to 10.04, I've had a couple of issues with hotkeys. First, my mappings to mpc commands stopped working. I had these map as compiz hotkeys, but when that didn't work any more, I tried to map gnome's hotkeys (or at least the mappings in the System menu) to mpc commands. Both of these attempts were unsuccessful.
Actually, now that I think about it, this worked when I was running Xubuntu, but hasn't worked since switching to the standard Ubuntu at 10.04, and on a new machine.

Second, I had Super+P mapped to Synapse, but since upgrading to 10.04, something else is grabbing that key combination (Synapse reports that there is a conflict).

I'd like to figure out what applications are grabbing these key presses, but after searching for a way to figure this out, I've come up with nothing. I've tried watching htop for processes that pop up when I hit the hotkeys, but I can't find anything there either.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer. Sorry if this rambles or confuses separate issues.