PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Avant Windows Navigator

TimmyK.
March 5th, 2011, 09:25 PM
First, how do I add shortcuts to the dock? The old drag-and-drop technique doesn't work.

Second, how do I get applets to the dock? When I go to the applets tab in the AWN settings, if I click on one, and then click 'install applet', it makes me browse for a filetype called an 'AWN Applet Package'. Were can I find this?

Third, how do I adjust things like whether the icons bounce, what they do when I move the pointer over them, etc. I am trying to get the Mac OS X look, but so far, my AWN looks nothing like the Mac dock. Should I just give up and go back to ObjectDock?

GWBouge
March 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
1) Use the 'Task Manager' tab to add shortcuts. Just make sure that the Task Manager applet is used in the Applets tab.

2) The 'Install' button is for installing a new applet. To use one from the list, just drag it from the list to the 'Active Applets' section at the bottom.

3) In the 'Preferences' tab, about mid-way through, there is an 'Icon effects' field. Click on 'Edit' and you have a bunch of options.

Frogs Hair
March 5th, 2011, 09:41 PM
1. When you open an application and the icon appears on the dock, right click the icon and add as launcher. Drag and drop doesn't always work.

2. Open the applets tab select the applet you want to add and use the arrows below the applets list to add or remove applets .

3.Open dock preference and the menus on the right have a list of settings.
The themes tab offers different dock themes. As for the icons looking like mac you will have to find a set that makes that possible

TimmyK.
March 5th, 2011, 09:58 PM
OK, thanks, I've got all three working. However, I'm starting to think I like the Docky look and feel more.

One more thing... how do I create more than one dock?

kerry_s
March 5th, 2011, 10:12 PM
make sure your using the ppa version it's more up to date.
https://launchpad.net/~awn-testing/+archive/ppa

adding app's is as simple as right clicking the icon-> add launcher
or
you can go to /usr/share/applications & drag n drop the apps, you will see a green +

click add dock for new dock.