PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to uninstall software via ssh on debian 5

elieobeid7
March 5th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Well, I'm new here, I joined about 2 weeks ago because I was going to get an ubuntu 10.04 64 bit vps, but I had troubles installing a hosting panel so I changed to debian lenny and installed ehcp

ehcp.net

and it's working fine,but I have a problem which you could help me with because ubuntu is based on debian and it's not a big problem to solve.

I bought a vps from micohosting and everything is working fine, the vps is still clean, no bandwidth is being used, no cpu and no disk space....However I 472mb of ram which is 90% of what I'm allowed to use...It's my bad because I have installed every feature of ehcp....I didn't though that it's gonna use that much lol...

Now I wanna uninstall some feature, like ffmpeg...So how to do so via ssh or via cpanel? and what feature use the most ram? what do you advise me to uninstall? my site will be some kind of video hosting site...kind of.....so I need to install flash player guys...but first I wanna uninstall some stuff...

This vps is gonna be used for the demo so later on I'm gonna buy servers....so nobody will be using disk space coz it's a demo and I can control what is being uploaded

one more thing guys...as an admin, I created reseller accounts, does that use ram? I don'r think so coz nothing is being uploaded to the site yet....just wanna know what you think

elieobeid7
March 5th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I might need ffmpeg lol so don't wanna remove it