PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Google Adsense's Search Box

ki4jgt
March 5th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Well, Google is denying my application for adsense. I need a search engine to include in my new web browser to fund my website. (I'm not expecting to make much, just $20 a year) anyway, is there another service I could use and get paid to implement into my browser?

marl30
March 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Well, Google is denying my application for adsense. I need a search engine to include in my new web browser to fund my website. (I'm not expecting to make much, just $20 a year) anyway, is there another service I could use and get paid to implement into my browser?

Usually, the easiest way to get approve for adsense is to apply through one of the popular revenue sharing sites like Bukisa. However, if you've had an adsense account before that was banned, it will be impossible to get another one. You could check out Kontera and chitika.

ki4jgt
March 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Usually, the easiest way to get approve for adsense is to apply through one of the popular revenue sharing sites like Bukisa. However, if you've had an adsense account before that was banned, it will be impossible to get another one. You could check out Kontera and chitika.

I've already had one which was banned :-( I'm thinking of calling them Monday. Can they assist over the phone? I've already spoken with one of their operators once this week, she refered me to the adsense site.

marl30
March 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I've already had one which was banned :-( I'm thinking of calling them Monday. Can they assist over the phone? I've already spoken with one of their operators once this week, she refered me to the adsense site.

If your account was banned in error, most likely you could have them look into it. If they have legitimate reasons to ban your account, there is not much you can do. You could check out the ones I've suggested as they pretty much work just like Adsense. Just that I have never tried either of them before. Have only been using adsense. I just keep seeing people mention them as some of the best alternatives to Adsense on the SEO forums I visit.

ki4jgt
March 5th, 2011, 08:07 AM
If your account was banned in error, most likely you could have them look into it. If they have legitimate reasons to ban your account, there is not much you can do. You could check out the ones I've suggested as they pretty much work just like Adsense. Just that I have never tried either of them before. Have only been using adsense. I just keep seeing people mention them as some of the best alternatives to Adsense on the SEO forums I visit.

I'll try them, but if I can get Google to drop the ban. I'm losing them :-( Do you happen to know the pay range? I know I heard Google goes (up to) $1.50 If not, I will definately check into them and find out. Thanks for your help.

marl30
March 5th, 2011, 08:18 AM
I'll try them, but if I can get Google to drop the ban. I'm losing them :-( Do you happen to know the pay range? I know I heard Google goes (up to) $1.50 If not, I will definately check into them and find out. Thanks for your help.

I think the clicks would probably vary based on keyword just as adsense. And I really don't know what keywords give the best payment per click. That's something I'd love to know, then I could know what niches are best to target. :)

You should be able to do fine with these other programs, your earning will be based on how much traffic your site gets and your ad layouts.

I would assume that they offer something similar to Google since they are the smaller companies.

ki4jgt
March 5th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I think the clicks would probably vary based on keyword just as adsense. And I really don't know what keywords give the best payment per click. That's something I'd love to know, then I could know what niches are best to target. :)

You should be able to do fine with these other programs, your earning will be based on how much traffic your site gets and your ad layouts.

I would assume that they offer something similar to Google since they are the smaller companies.

I think I just try Yahoo. The last one you gave me wanted to allow users to buy their items from my site :-( Though this is kind of cool, it's not what I need. I need to be able to plug in the search query into my browser. Thanks anyway. :-)

hemanthjava
March 5th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Info links is an in-text advertising network, loads a bit faster than kontera and pays a lot more.

http://adsensealternativesblog.com

_outlawed_
March 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM
If I may ask, what exactly did you get banned for the first time?

ki4jgt
March 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
If I may ask, what exactly did you get banned for the first time?

I was very young and didn't want to give them my social security number. Then I created another business and decided to post it on my business website. I figured, that since I didn't give them my social they hadn't started the program. So when I went to set it up, it recognized me from before. Here yesterday, I signed up for my new business. Each of these businesses are legit. (They're both valid with the government) So I have two business accounts and one personal account which I have tried to register with Google, and because I have multiple accounts, I am now banned. Yay!!:lolflag: (LOL was sarcastic)

Kontera
March 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Hey ki4jgt (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=395934)

My name is David, I am a community manager at Kontera.

I see you are looking for a way to earn additional revenue for your website.

Using Kontera can help you easily accomplish that goal.

With over 15,000 publishers and 140 million unique users per month, Kontera is the leading In-Text ad network, and a great to optimize any text heavy website.

Kontera is effective for so many people thanks to our Synapse platform, an algorithm that rather than just scanning for keywords like other networks, can read your webpages for actual meaning. This allows for Topical Targeting which is how we provide the most relevant ads for your content, leading to higher CTR and better CPC.

Another advantage of Kontera is our exclusive ad inventory from such brands as Oreo, L’Oreal, Xerox, UPS, Hewlett Packard, Blackberry, Sprint, and more. These premium, often Rich-Media ads are the most attractive to site advertisers, offer the best possible CPC, and can only be found on the Kontera network.

We’re currently offering a 70% revenue share, which is the best rate in the industry. We’re also offering new publishers a $50 bonus if they get at least 25,000 U.S. page views during their first 30 days on the network. In addition, we recently lowered our minimum payout threshold from $100 to $50.

Thanks
David Stein

ki4jgt
March 7th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Hey ki4jgt (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=395934)

My name is David, I am a community manager at Kontera.

I see you are looking for a way to earn additional revenue for your website.

Using Kontera can help you easily accomplish that goal.

With over 15,000 publishers and 140 million unique users per month, Kontera is the leading In-Text ad network, and a great to optimize any text heavy website.

Kontera is effective for so many people thanks to our Synapse platform, an algorithm that rather than just scanning for keywords like other networks, can read your webpages for actual meaning. This allows for Topical Targeting which is how we provide the most relevant ads for your content, leading to higher CTR and better CPC.

Another advantage of Kontera is our exclusive ad inventory from such brands as Oreo, L’Oreal, Xerox, UPS, Hewlett Packard, Blackberry, Sprint, and more. These premium, often Rich-Media ads are the most attractive to site advertisers, offer the best possible CPC, and can only be found on the Kontera network.

We’re currently offering a 70% revenue share, which is the best rate in the industry. We’re also offering new publishers a $50 bonus if they get at least 25,000 U.S. page views during their first 30 days on the network. In addition, we recently lowered our minimum payout threshold from $100 to $50.

Thanks
David Stein

Hi David,

Thanks for your information. However, I am looking for a search engine which I can query and then relay the results to my users. I'm looking to implement it into my new web browser. I want to get paid by the search engine (Like Google's Adsense Search service <Which allows your users to search from your site and then displays ads to the side of the search>) I know Mozilla does this with both Google and Yahoo, but I don't know how they achieve it. Thanks for the offer, but I would like to keep my site clean of all the ads I can prevent from showing up. I just want my users to be able to search from the browser. I figured, since Mozilla was doing this with Firefox, I could at least make enough money to fund my site (around $20 a year)

http://www.smashindex.org