PDA

View Full Version : typewriter linux?

psykatog
March 5th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Rooting through my parents' basement yesterday, I came across a fun "little machine" - a Bondwell B310 "Superslim" (http://www.sinasohn.com/cgi-bin/clascomp/bldhtm.pl?computer=b310pls).

It boots, and the battery still holds a charge, but I can't get past the Bios since it appears it needs a disk to start. The default date on the bios, btw, is 1/1/80. I've googled for single-floppy linux distros, but everything I've found (that still has a working download link) is oriented towards recovery or networking. I'm wondering if there was anything out there - or if anyone could tell me how to compile - that's word processing oriented. Ideally, I'd like a simple WP (ie Pyroom, ted), a file manager, and the basics needed to actually boot of which I'm ignorant. Any ideas?

johntaylor1887
March 5th, 2011, 03:05 AM
Those things originally ran ms-dos. I have ms-dos 1.1, 2.1, and 3.11 if you want them. Let me know and I can email them to you.

psykatog
March 5th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Do I just install those to a floopy (ies?) and boot up with the floppy inserted?

johntaylor1887
March 5th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Do I just install those to a floopy (ies?) and boot up with the floppy inserted?

Yes. As far as apps, you're on your own. PM your email to me and I'll send them to you.