PDA

View Full Version : how many (K)Ubuntu users from New York City hanging out on the forums?

sal
May 3rd, 2006, 11:17 PM
I'm wondering about how many NYC (K)Ubuntu_ers are hanging out on the forum here.

I would like to start a local NYC (K)Ubuntu monthly meet-up or club of sorts for (K)Ubuntu users in NYC.

prizrak
May 3rd, 2006, 11:47 PM
Brooklyn in da house!!!! :)

sal
May 4th, 2006, 10:43 PM
i guess me and you are the only ones.

bump....

any other new yorkers?

prizrak
May 5th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Well you know how it is. NYC ain't exactly about humanity ;)

Harold P
May 5th, 2006, 02:21 AM
I wish! I'm from the Houston area...

prizrak
May 5th, 2006, 03:07 AM
I wish! I'm from the Houston area...
If you move here I promise to not tell anyone you from Texas :)

sal
May 5th, 2006, 09:22 PM
i would have thought there would be more NYC users here.

actualy, i figured NYC a big place for KDE for some reason.

sal
May 29th, 2006, 09:13 PM
bump,
NYC (K)Ubuntu users?

banjobacon
May 29th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but I ain't meeting up wit' no one.

djsroknrol
May 29th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I moved to Arizona from Laurelton (Springfield Gardens, Queens)...does that count ??

prizrak
May 30th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I moved to Arizona from Laurelton (Springfield Gardens, Queens)...does that count ??
Only if you attend the meetings ;)

RAV TUX
May 30th, 2006, 06:58 AM
I would like to invite all New Yorkers, native and transplants to join the "NU Ubuntu Team" ( Northeastern United States of America Ubuntu Team ).

This is a regional team that will coordinate with state and local teams like the one you are forming. We can Network and help each other out to create a community of unity here in the Northeastern US.

I live in Silver Spring, Maryland (DC Metro area) and we have one other member from Portland, Maine.

Ok it is just 2 of us but we just started like the NYC Team. I don't mean for this to be a counter team but a team of regional coordination. Where we can unite, stabilize and implement actualization relatively effectively.

please see us here:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=184438

Silver Spring, Maryland(DC metro area), New York, New York, & Portland, Maine sounds like a nice start to a lasting coalition and the spirit and excitement of Ubuntu.

Hope to see you all on the list of the " NU Ubuntu Team " and wish you much success and momemtum on the building of the NYC Team.

Yozef

Ubuntu Joe
October 24th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I'm in Queens . . . and it's high time we started a group . . . Three of us makes a movement right?

Join the revolution (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1656924#post1656924)!

.t.
October 24th, 2006, 07:11 PM
I'm not from anywhere even remotely near New York. I'm not even that close to (old) York. But it's about 20 times closer...

sal
October 24th, 2006, 08:39 PM
i have to call u tonight saalota. about the email u sent me.

RAV TUX
November 17th, 2006, 07:22 AM
I would like to invite all New Yorkers, native and transplants to join the "NU Ubuntu Team" ( Northeastern United States of America Ubuntu Team ).

This is a regional team that will coordinate with state and local teams like the one you are forming. We can Network and help each other out to create a community of unity here in the Northeastern US.

I live in Silver Spring, Maryland (DC Metro area) and we have one other member from Portland, Maine.

Ok it is just 2 of us but we just started like the NYC Team. I don't mean for this to be a counter team but a team of regional coordination. Where we can unite, stabilize and implement actualization relatively effectively.

please see us here:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=184438

Silver Spring, Maryland(DC metro area), New York, New York, & Portland, Maine sounds like a nice start to a lasting coalition and the spirit and excitement of Ubuntu.

Hope to see you all on the list of the " NU Ubuntu Team " and wish you much success and momemtum on the building of the NYC Team.

Yozef

*moving to the NU Ubuntu Team Sub-forum*

N8K99
November 26th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Hello, Brooklyn in the house here. I know a couple other users as well, we just need to settle on a place to all meet up and discuss a plan of action - like how we can put the Northeastern LoCo Team ideas into action in this city.

Anyone with me?

sal
November 26th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Hello, Brooklyn in the house here. I know a couple other users as well, we just need to settle on a place to all meet up and discuss a plan of action - like how we can put the Northeastern LoCo Team ideas into action in this city.

Anyone with me?

im with you 100%!

wastrel
November 26th, 2006, 05:39 AM
bklyn here. You know about NYLUG right? http://www.nylug.org

Perhaps post to the NYLUG ML if you're looking for more ubunto users.

cheers,
david

RAV TUX
November 26th, 2006, 09:48 AM
bklyn here. You know about NYLUG right? http://www.nylug.org

Perhaps post to the NYLUG ML if you're looking for more ubunto users.

cheers,
david
Welcome to the NU Ubuntu Team!

jaredthane
November 30th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I'm from Brooklyn too. I was looking for a LoCo Team. maybe we'll have to make one! You guys NYLUG members?

charlemagnefate
January 7th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Ubuntu Edgy eft Brooklyn user here

charlemagnefate
January 7th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I think someone should start a ubuntu loco team for the 5 boroughs

fragmented_user
February 23rd, 2007, 09:49 AM
A New York Ubuntu Loco Team (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewYorkTeam) has been created and we want all You New Yorkers to join!

Visit the Members page (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewYorkTeam/Members) to get started.

-Yosef

raffytaffy
April 29th, 2007, 04:14 PM
nyc queens

RAV TUX
May 2nd, 2007, 10:17 AM
I think someone should start a ubuntu loco team for the 5 boroughs
I agree, 5 seperate LoCo teams, for each borough

Jay in NYC
August 28th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Yup. Brooklyn here, too.

gwilliam
August 29th, 2007, 12:40 AM
harlem...

i'm down to meet like whenever.

VON_CAPO
October 2nd, 2007, 11:56 PM
Elmhurst, Queens. ):P

taurusx5
February 14th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I'm in manhattan...

Anyone else from manhattan?

Chudilo
April 21st, 2008, 03:52 PM
I think there are lots of people in NYC that use Ubuntu.
It's just that there is so much stuff going on around the city that OS release gathering is just too lame to bother.
Unless this is a big time production with promotions and so on and so forth. It's a possibility for the future, possibly when some famous or semi-famous DJ (hint hint ) makes it his /her gimmick to get people out to party, but again this is so not mainstream at this point. And who wants to get all the non-drinking freeloading geeks together for a party.

enchantedsky
May 2nd, 2008, 09:29 PM
I think there are lots of people in NYC that use Ubuntu.
It's just that there is so much stuff going on around the city that OS release gathering is just too lame to bother.
Unless this is a big time production with promotions and so on and so forth. It's a possibility for the future, possibly when some famous or semi-famous DJ (hint hint ) makes it his /her gimmick to get people out to party, but again this is so not mainstream at this point. And who wants to get all the non-drinking freeloading geeks together for a party.

I'm an NYC Ubuntu user (Live in Queens, work in Manhattan), and there are tons of Linux/Ubuntu gatherings in NYC. I'd rather not mention what's going on (to prevent self-promotion), but if you do Google searches, there are meetings to talk about features in Ubuntu.