PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Umbuntu Audio Promo

soze
May 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
I have a weekly podcast, and I usually play one or two "promos" for other podcasts during each episode.

Would anybody out there be interested in producing a 30-second (approx.) audio promo for Ubuntu? I'm sure that there are many podcasters out there who would be interested in playing it.

And yes, before you ask I know that I could produce this myself, but I think that they are more effective if the voice on the promo is different than the voice on the rest of the podcast.

drizek
May 3rd, 2006, 10:35 PM
there is no m in ubuntu BTW

rado_london
May 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM
What is your podcast and how can i listen to it?

Cheers

tribaal
May 3rd, 2006, 10:48 PM
Well I would be glad, but I have a French accent :)

- trib'

rado_london
May 3rd, 2006, 10:49 PM
iwould be glad too but my accent is bulgarian. If it aint a problem for you. And yeah i am still 17 and my voice is a bit childish

soze
May 3rd, 2006, 10:51 PM
What is your podcast and how can i listen to it?

Cheers

It's a weekly commentary/review of the SciFi channel series, Battlestar Galactica.

Further info can be found here (http://www.alanlight.com/galactica).

Note: The TV show (and therefore the podcast as well) is on hiatus until October

-Alan

tribaal
May 3rd, 2006, 10:51 PM
How about you make a mashup of all our accents? Like one word or a sentance of each or something.

Would be a good promo for the "humanity" side of it :)

Just come up with a nice text ;)

- trib'

soze
May 3rd, 2006, 10:52 PM
Well I would be glad, but I have a French accent :)

- trib'

That might be fine. It would add some "international flair."

K.Mandla
May 3rd, 2006, 10:52 PM
Seems to me it would be cool to have a lot of people with different accents promoing Ubuntu. It would reinforce that whole "usable by people in their local language" thing.

arcanistherogue
May 3rd, 2006, 10:53 PM
Heh, I have an east coast american accent, but I'm still in my teens. If you were to addup all the voices I would do it though, that would be neat.

tribaal
May 3rd, 2006, 10:54 PM
Well I guess the tone of voice has no importance.
I'd like it to have girl voices too, though.

:)

- trib'

rado_london
May 3rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
Lets do it people. Just someone please make the text and everyone will record his own voice and then someone will cut it and put the pieces together.

tribaal
May 3rd, 2006, 11:18 PM
I agree, it would be nice to have.
And I'm sure Canonical wouldn't mind having something to hand radio stations if they wish to, by the way.

Let's just make sure we licence the final thing with creative commons (http://creativecommons.org/) or something similar :)

- trib'

rado_london
May 8th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Any progress with the text so far?

nalmeth
May 8th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I like this idea,
If my mic and soundcard were in working order, I could rip up a nice guitar/keyboard riff/tune or something. I will work on it.
Let's centralize this somewhere so people can contribute.

woedend
May 8th, 2006, 02:34 AM
i like the idea of having multiple accents.
i can do the slight southern accent

rado_london
May 10th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I can also find soeone with cockny (london accent). It is going to be funny! Just make the text:D