PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if this logitech mouse is unifying compatible?

Lucradia
March 4th, 2011, 09:21 AM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech+-+M305+Wireless+Optical+Mouse+-+Black/9926729.p?id=1218196188345&skuId=9926729&st=M305&cp=1&lp=2

The M305 has spotty references to Unifying, some say it works with Unifying, and at least one review says it doesn't work at all with unifying.

The M310 works with unifying it seems, but doesn't come with a unifying receiver. Can someone tell me if this is also compatible with unifying?

If not, I may have to shell out money for the trackball that only needs one AA battery. I'm not too keen on the 2 AA requirement mice. (Although AA would be better than AAA.)

I'd get the M505, but it's not 29.99 at Best Buy like the logitech website.

Lucradia
March 4th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I guess not: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12135/kw/M305

Thanks, though, I guess.

Copper Bezel
March 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I didn't realize "unifying" was a technical term for that.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to all peripherials being Bluetooth so that we don't have to worry about these silly dongles (although my experience with mice is declining, as I haven't used one on my personal machine since getting a multitouch trackpad.)

Lucradia
March 4th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I didn't realize "unifying" was a technical term for that.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to all peripherials being Bluetooth so that we don't have to worry about these silly dongles (although my experience with mice is declining, as I haven't used one on my personal machine since getting a multitouch trackpad.)

The M310 is unifying compatible. These unifying dongles use RF, not bluetooth.

MisterGaribaldi
March 4th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I think most of Logitech's wireless keyboards, mice, and combo offerings are going that way at this point.

@Copper Bezel: The problem with that reasoning is that most computers still don't have Bluetooth. It's either on the higher-end laptops, on custom-ordered laptops, or on custom-ordered desktop units. That, or you have to plug in a USB Bluetooth dongle (which then pretty much defeats the purpose of getting away from dongles) so really, at this point "moving to Bluetooth" doesn't really solve that sort of problem.

Besides, it's taken an age for Bluetooth mice to not suck, frankly, as compared to traditional RF mice. And, even then, in my experience, they do still suck to varying degrees.