PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] PPA question

Amber2011
March 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Hi, after reading some of the post here, I guess upgrading from 10.04 to 10.10 is not going to happen. I will ask anyway.

I tried to install it today and I read on another thread someone else did too and we both got the same error.

The response to the problem was to disable all your PPAs, and try again.

Could somebody tell me how to do this, so I could at least try once more. Thanks in advance

An Sanct
March 4th, 2011, 09:10 AM
You can get there if you open Update Manager, click Settings and select the "Other Software" tab.

You can also update in the "Offline" mode, with the alternative CD image.

Amber2011
March 4th, 2011, 04:52 PM
:confused::confused:OK thanks, but I am trying to find out how to disable all PPAs.

How about save mode, could an upgrade work that way?I would rather not have to do the ISO thing with another CD, I want to do it on-line, I heard all upgrades were easy.

grahammechanical
March 4th, 2011, 05:12 PM
If you do as An Sanct says you will see a list of all the PPAs that are being used on your system as other software sources. All you need to do is to un-tick each line. Note down the address so that you can restore the PPAs if you want to. If there are none listed there, then you have none.

When I try to upgrade to 11.04 in a couple of months time it will be the first time that I have tried to upgrade with PPAs on my system. so, I have taken note of your problem. Thank you for posting.

Regards.

Frogs Hair
March 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM
You may want to look at this it explains how purge PPAS and offers an application to do so.
http://www.webupd8.org/2010/04/ppa-purge-now-available-via-getdeb.html

Amber2011
March 4th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks,
Grahammer,
I went to the part that An Sanct said, I just did not know what to look for. I do not even know what they are. I have only used Ubuntu a few days. I will go back.

Frogs Hair,
Thanks I will check that out.