PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot get Ubuntu Server 10.10 to burn a good ISO

nmuleski
March 3rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone!
This is my first post here on the forums and also my first interaction with Ubuntu since high school! I think the last release I installed was 8.04.1... Anyway...

I'm trying to install Ubuntu Server on a test server at work. So I downloaded the .ISO from Ubuntu's website and burned it to a CD using InfraRecorder at 12x. It booted fine, but it failed a disk integrity check.

Tried to check the md5 of the ISO by mounting it vCdControlTool (I'm running Windows XP Pro on my workstation) and opening the md5sum file... and it was huge! Like 128 lines huge... I tried using md5summer (and later md5 check) to check it anyway and it returned a bunch of errors. So i redownloaded the ISO and burned a new disc. Same error.

Now I'm pretty sure I'm not doing the md5 check right, but either way I've downloaded the ISO twice and burned three copies now and all have given me the same error... what am I doing wrong here??

Trying to install on an old Dell workstation with P4, 384mb 333MHz ram, and a 20 gig HDD.

Any help is appreciated!

nmuleski
March 3rd, 2011, 04:13 PM
Also, when I try and burn the ISO at a slower speed (3x) I get a read/write error...