PDA

View Full Version : How do I make text fill up the entire page with copy and paste?

brawnypandora0
March 3rd, 2011, 07:02 AM
Suppose I copy and paste a large amount of text from say all the words in a book on Gutenberg. Gutenberg, being such cheapskates, does not bother much with editing and usually has all of its text spanning only from the left to the center of the page, with about a half of the page on the right being empty white space. When I copy this into Word, I get the same formatting. How do I rearrange the text in Word so that the text fills up the entire page from left to right so that I don't have to either waste so much paper or spend time formatting the document one line at a time?

mwray
March 3rd, 2011, 08:07 AM
I suspect the Page format is setup for multiple columns, and they are only using the first one. type CTRL-A to select every thing, then depending on version of Word, you would go to page setup, and select one column for whole document.

brawnypandora0
March 3rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
I'm using Word XP. I don't see the "one column" setting you're talking about.

brawnypandora0
June 30th, 2011, 03:49 AM
No you don't understand. Here's what I mean: go to this webpage and copy and paste a paragraph or two to OfficeOpen Writer.

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/7849/pg7849.txt

There's a lot of white space wasted on the right side of the page. How do I change this so that all that text is moved to fill the entire page?

cariboo
June 30th, 2011, 04:12 AM
This is the Ubuntu technical support forum, if you want help with Windows programs, I'd suggest you check out any of the many Windows forums out there. This thread is closed.